SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 2 April 2016

How to De- Pot Sleek Eye Shadows

The other day I spend 2 hours of my life finally de-potting my Sleek eye shadows into a Z- Palette. I tend to forget that I still have these eye shadows, so hopefully doing this will re awaken my love for them. I de-potted my Storm, Au Naturel and Oh So Special palette. Can Ijus say that when I bought these many moons ago they were £5.99 and now they are £7.99? what is that about? They are still dirt cheap but that's quite the price rise!
Anyway before I get carried away I had no candles, no lighter, no surgical spirit to hand but I did have my trusty (8 year old? and still going strong) straighteners. I had watched some tutorials on Sleek eye shadow removals and thought I was well educated enough to give it a bash myself. So I sat down at my desk and started. I'm going to try and explain to you all how I did it and what I learn't along the way!

You will need:
Obviously hair straighteners and some greaseproof/baking paper, so the plastic does not stick to your straighteners and ruin them!


Two ends of sticks that you don't mind getting glue all over, I used the plastic ends of eye shadow brushes. You will also need a hair grip like the one below, which I don't think I could of done the job without!


Method:
Pop your greaseproof paper on the straighteners and then pop the palette on top for about 3 minutes, or until you get bored of waiting.


Take the palette off the straighteners and try, without burning yourself (like I did) to push your pokey stick at the back of the part of the palette with the eye shadow you want to remove. The idea is that the heat will have melted the glue off the plastic backing. If the palette is warm enough, it should just pop out. You might have to do some stick juggling so not to touch the metal (like I did) where it is really hot. I popped all mine on another piece of greaseproof paper to stop them melting to my landlords glass desk...


If the eye shadows are still being tricky madams (like the orangey one in the picture above was), be careful and use the hair grip to slide down the slide of the shadow which should help to release them. You may come face to face with some eye shadows that want to play Buck-a-roo. You may also have to add more heat to warm the glue up more. Pop the palette back on the heat to dislodge more shadows and repeat. 

yaaaaas

When the metal shadow pots are cold, you can peel the glue off the back, or be lazy like me and just stick the magnet straight on the back. I used the ones that came with the Z- Palette. I used my initiative (a novelty for me) and stuck two eyeshadows onto the circle magnets and one on the square magnets that were provided! I was also anal and colour co- ordinated them, but you can do literally whatever takes your fancy. When finished with the palettes and they are cold just pop them in the bin. I didn't put in any eyeshadows that had hit pan or more than one black because space was limited.


It's a messy job! The big shadows if you're wondering are my new Make Up Geek ones.

Hope this terrible description has helped someone, anyone!

Lots of love,

Hev

xoxox