SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 4 April 2016

The Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask

I have such a love hate relationship with masks. I love putting them on, I love the feeling of feeling pampered; I just don't really think they do all that much. I've got loads of masks in rotation and I like the clean, soft feeling afterwards, but I never see any long term effects?



Anyway today I'm talking about the Body Shop Warming Mineral Mask. I've had this mask for a while. I love the gimmicky warming of the mask (but it never heats up on my skin, it's hot when it goes on then goes cold?) and most of the time I like how my skin feels afterwards, but whether it does much for me? I am yet to really find out.

Ingredients: PEG-8 (Humectant), Zeolite (Warming Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Kaolin (Absorbent), Methyl Gluceth-20 (Viscosity Modifier), Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen), PEG-220 (Binder/Humectant/Solvent), Algae (Seaweed Extract) (Natural Additive), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Curcuma zedoaria (Zedoary Oil) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Zingiber officinale (Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil) (Natural Additive), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Cinnamon Oil) (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Coumarin (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient). 
(From Body Shop Website)

To put it on your face: wet your face (unless you are me, then you just slap it on, maybe my inability to follow instructions is my problem...) shake the bottle up, or you will get a large flow of water coming out. Then smear it all over your face, so you will resemble something like this fitty down here:


Then you leave it on for 5 minutes, wash it off, and you'll resemble something like this:


After it comes off, my skin feels clean, softer but also slightly drier. Maybe its the lack of water first. I then normally either go in with another mask or my full skincare afterwards.

To conclude my opinions; it's a nice product to pamper yourself with, or try and clear off any unwanted oil, but it can make your skin feel quite dry and slightly tight. It's £11 for 100ml and a complete cult product from the Body Shop. I will use it to the end, but unless something changes (probably me) I won't be buying it again. If I haven't put you off, you can buy it here.

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox