SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 2 June 2016

Thing's That Have Helped Me to Improve My Blog


In the real world, I like to think of myself as quite tech savvy (unless you're giving me a sat nav and then there is no hope), but in the blogging world I feel really quite useless.

Coding and picture editing is really hard when you're a complete novice about everything like I am. There are many blog posts floating around the internet with how to's and stuff like that which will probably be way more helpful, but this is a post dedicated to the programmes and tools that even I can get my head around.

Fonts.
Until this month I had no idea you could actually download fonts to use like your regular Arial or Times New Roman. These fonts are actually really simple to install (follow the instructions on the website) and you can get a wealth of really pretty fonts for free. I downloaded all of mine from DaFont.com and they have worked really well so far. My blog header font was downloaded from there and I just love it.


Picture Editors/ Creators
For this category I use 3 different programmes. I did alot of googling and trial and error before I came to these being my faves! I use the Moldiv app on my phone for on the go editing of instagram photos. It's quite easy to use and has lots of different features. VSCO cam is similar to this. Pic Monkey I tend to use for YouTube headers and any general blog designs I need (I created my header with it). Its a simple to use programme (if I can use it you can) with lots of different customisable features. Finally, I also good old fashioned photo editor on windows. I tend to use this programme to brighten my photos if I've taken said photos on my camera and not my iPhone. You don't need to use all of these, but all of them have really solid free features to make your pictures pretty much how you want them, instead of having to fork out for programmes like Photo Shop.

Tweet Schedulers
I use Hootsuite on my phone and TweetDeck on my laptop. I like them both, they're quite simple to use and work. Tweet Scheduling is useful forgetting your content out there regularly but it can be really boring and time consuming for about 20 minutes, which means I don't tend to use them often because I can't ever be arsed. My laziness aside, they are good programmes for getting your head around scheduling with lots of options.

Free Blog Templates
If you're an amateur with no disposable income and no coding ability, free blog templates are brilliant for making your blog look classy and sassy and just how you want it to be. A simple google search of free blogger templates will bring up countless different free templates to suit your tastes. When you download them, most will come with instructions on how to add all the bits and pieces you want to make your blog your own. I have used a few over time and they have all been fairly simple to use. However, sometimes adding features (like a bloody instagram widget) can be nigh on impossible using free templates like mine now. Sigh.

Anyway, I hope this post has been useful for the complete novices out there like me!

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox