SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 16 June 2016

39p Brush Egg?

 

This is a review that I have (typical Hev) been meaning to get on with for a while now. It's on the BrushEgg, a little gadget designed to help clean your brushes which is available widely all over Amazon. If you didn't know, I am a massive Amazon whore, I just think it's the simplest and easiest website to buy anything and everything and I have no shame. I stumbled across this little egg on one of my many brush trawls and thought why not? It was 39p at the time with £1 delivery. The order came within a week and I was very impressed with the packaging etc etc.

There are two sides to this review. The Brush Egg is brilliant for eye brushes, and really quite shit for face brushes. The cactus in the pictures is tiny, which should give you a rough idea of how big the Egg is- it's tiny. the rough slats and spiky bits are great for all your small brushes like eye brushes and concealer ones, but for face brushes it is just too small. You can't get a good rub using face brushes on it because it is just too small. The Egg really struggled to clean my face brushes and it took me double the time than normal to get a good solid face brush clean out of them. The eye brushes however were cleaned rapidly and in no time at all, as the Egg's 'cleaning helpers' were of the right height and depth for these. I squidged some of my shampoo on to the Egg, swirled the brushes in it, swilled the brushes off and they were good as new.

The Egghas a slot underneath for you to slot your fingers in, which is useful if your water gets really hot like mine does.

Overall this Brush Egg is perfect for your eye brushes and definitely worth adding to your cleaning arsenal, just don't put your face brushes anywhere near it!

The BrushEggs are available all over Amazon in a variety of different colours and prices, shop around!

Have you tried this and what are your thoughts?

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox