SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 5 June 2016

The Month: May

*My makeup was by Hannah at the Makeup Studio in Dronfield if you're nearby Sheffield and fancy having your make up done!


There will be no video on Sunday, me being the eejit I am filmed it but then forgot to put the footage on my laptop, and left my camera in Sheffield like a doughnut. So instead I thought I would write about what happened to me in May, to act as a nice little reminder of all the good (and some of the bad) for this month.

I am sat writing this in the garden. The weather today is just beautiful. When the sun comes out England is just the best place to be. I'm trying to type with my acrylics on, but it's a bit difficult. I think I am going to get them removed next week, but I am scared of what my nails will look like underneath and weather I have just managed to undo all my hard nail growth work in one fail swoop (which I suspect I have).

May started with exams. 2 of them, both as evil as each other. I have never been one for doing any revision at all (which explains my grades completely) but I really did try to pull it out of my arse and I have a small feeling it may have paid off and I haven't failed my degree at the last hurdle.

After these exams I officially finished uni, never to step foot in Hallam's door again as an undergraduate; which is completely scary yet exciting at the same time. My 4 years are over.

May also marked the return of my OCD and me finally getting some help. In an update, I have an appointment for counselling and a starter appointment for CBT, which I am hoping will put me on the path for eradicating this from my brain forever. I only ended up having that 3 day bought, but I never want to feel that way again, so I am hoping this will all put a stop to it.

I went out for cocktails with some of my besties and ended up in Dempseys, I danced in the cage like my life depended on it (it was probably unbearable to witness), had one of the worst hangovers of my life (thanks body for being sick the same hour I had to get the train home) but would never change a single thing.

The end of May also brought about my Graduation Ball. I had the best time of my life. I spent the night dancing my arse off with some of the people who have helped to make the last 4 years magical. I walked away with sore feet, a huge stiletto bruise, no dignity and a 2 day hangover but I would never change it for the world.  You only get to undergraduate once.

I am hoping June will be equally as glorious, I'm off to Rhodes with my sisters at the end of June and I cannot wait for a week of all inclusive cocktails and looking like a tomato.

What were your May highlights?

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox