SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 17 August 2015

Roman Holiday Makeup


By the time you will be reading this, me and my sis will have taken off *fingers crossed* from Birmingham to Rome! I mentioned in my August post just how excited I am to be going off to one of the cities I learnt so much about during my A-Levels for 5 days of culture and pizza! So I thought I would give a run down of exactly the make-up I am taking with me, to withstand the intense Italian heat!

I am intensely pale, tanning evades me but burning is a star feature of my holidays no matter how much factor 50 I slather on! This is one of the reasons I have opted for my Bobbi Brown BB cream, as it has SPF 35 in and will help protect me from the sun. I have also opted for this for its lightweight feel, perfect for sweaty walking days! The colour is still a little dark (in extra light) for me so I am hoping by the end I may blend in with the colour better than before! I am taking my mac concealer in NW15 with me as it is slightly thicker than I normally wear, but is super creamy and will help to cover the blemishes the BB cream simply does not cover. I am also using my M&S powder as I have complete trust in its mattifying properties! Underneath all of this I am using my Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, which is great at keeping oil at bay and keeping your make-up on for longer.

For the rest of my face I am taking my Guerlain Bronzer, as it gives the most gorgeous sun-kissed glow and a great sheen on the top of my cheeks, negating the need for highlighter! For hiding the appearance of what will be an intense pizza and pasta face I am taking my Illamasqua Eye shadow in Justify, which is a great contour shade, and transition shade on the eyes. On the lips I am taking my beloved L'Oreal lip liner in Labbra which I have mentioned before in case I want a darker lip, and over the top my L'Oreal The Nudes lipstick in Julianne's nude for day to day wear.

For my eyes we kick off with the Urban Decay Primer Potion which needs no explanation. I am taking my mac quad for whatever look I fancy plus my L'Oreal eye liner just in case I want some drama to my eyes. Topping this off with my L'Oreal Volume Millions Excess mascara with the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast layered over the top to create huge, dramatic lashes. Finally, I will be taking my Charlotte Tilbury Eyebrow pencil (which I think is the Brooke shade) which has a spoolie on one end and a great pencil on the other.

What make-up will you or have you been taking on holiday this year? I would love to hear all about it!

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox