SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 26 August 2015

Rome: Santa Maria Maggiore

This is such a beautiful Church in Rome and this happened to be practically outside our hotels doorstep which was so stunning. Our hotel hosts told us that this was the second largest Church outside The Vatican and it really was huge. I get the feeling that this Church isn't really part of the main tourist drag but it is just too beautiful to ignore on your trip to Rome. Getting here couldn't be easier, either hop on the Metro A or B to Termini or walk up Cavour from the Colloseum. We took the 5 euro tour to the top of the Church which is so worth it to see the beautiful mosaic and statues at the top. Just remember to cover your shoulders and knees when going in, although sheeths are available.

I also think that my blog layout might be making my images look grainy and horrible, I promise you they don't look like that in real life!