SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 17 May 2016

The Products You Need to Make Your Makeup Last All Night

Many times I have been on a night out, got far too drunk and woken up with a mouth like sandpaper, but my make up has been perfect. It has taken me some time to figure out the perfect products for making my make up last all night, but I've finally got there, and thought I would share them with you all too.

The first step is priming. Priming is crucial. Priming gives you a great base for make up and also gives guaranteed longevity if applied correctly. If you have very oily skin, a facial primer is brilliant. I used to swear by the Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer when I had very oily skin before the pill. A foundation that suits your skin is also a key step to longevity. I am currently using the Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Normal/Dry skin in Ivory, which is a great, long lasting yellow based pale foundation.

The eyes. I have always had to use a primer, I remember buying my first Sleek palette and it just slipped straight off my eyes because I had not discovered primer by then. When I did, it was with the Urban Decay Primer Potion, the ultimate hands down best primer I have ever used. Make up does not move with this underneath. It is a product I will never be without (so much so I have about 4 bottles in my collection). Another great primer which I tend to use before a night out is MAC's Pro Longwear Paintpot in Soft Ochre. A fabulous yellow based formula, which is creamy then dries to an almost powdery finish. This primer works best with a touch of neutral eye shadow over the top to prevent dragging.

Powder is a brilliant way to lock your make up into place. I am a powder addict and I love the feeling of having a really powdery face (I know I'm a freak). A loose powder is great for all over powdering. If you only want to set certain areas, baking is great for really locking that make up in. I use the M&S powder but I'm pretty sure it's discontinued which is really annoying as it was so cheap!

Finally, setting sprays are your best friend. They come in a variety of finishes and price ranges. I use the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray which I find to be fabulous and helps set my make up in place like concrete.

So there you have it, my top tips and products for making your make up stick to your face like super glue!

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox