SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 26 May 2016

My First Foray into NYX

For years I have been trying to get my grubby little mits on NYX, I could never afford the shipping and I completely missed them when I was in New York; but now they have landed in Boots and I couldn't be happier.

My first purchase was the infamous Taupe Blush, a fabulous pale person contour shade. I have been using this for a while, I like the product but I hate the packaging. I have to open it with my tweezers or it pulls off whatever nail varnish I'm wearing at the time! The product inside is a cool toned, almost rosy brown, which has worked well when tasked with thinning out my fat face. I still think I prefer some of my other contours over this, it might be because I haven't found the perfect brush for the product. For the price range it sits in, it is a must for the ghostly pale!

My second trip to the NYX counter has consisted of Soft Matte Lip Cremes and a Liner. The lippies are in the colours Cannes and Stockholm. Cannes is more of a pinky brown and Stockholm is more of a orangey brown shade.
The lippies smell like marshmallows and have a nice, thick consistency. They are ridiculously easy to apply to the lips. On application, the Stockholm shade is almost like terracotta, which is quite harsh on my colouring unless I go heavy on the bronzer. I also bought a liner in the shade Nude Suede Shoes, which is an almost perfect match to Stockholm and will work well with MAC's Velvet Teddy too. The liner is soft, yet when dry does not budge!
Stockholm
The Cannes colour is more pink and easier to wear on paler skin. It has the same consistency as Stockholm and on my skin is probably the easier to wear of the two.
Cannes
So far I am very happy with these products and want to build on my NYX collection. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to leave them below!

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox