SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 24 May 2016

L'Oreal Make Up Haul


You know when you think you can just innocently walk into Boots to get some deodorant and shampoo but end up walking out with an emptier bank balance than you anticipated? Well that's how this haul began. I was left alone by the L'Oreal stand, which just happened to be on 3 for 2...

My purchases were the Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer Base, the Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen in 1 Light and the Infallible Fixing Mist. Two of these products I love, the third has been a huge disappointment.

Lets start with the good stuff shall we?

This is my first foray into the Lumi Magique range and so far I am impressed. The highlighter pen is light enough to match my NC10/15 skin with ease, whilst also doing a great job at brightening my under eye. Playing with the product on my hand now gives a very lightweight texture with some good coverage. I would say the colour verges on the salmony side, great for brightening and colour correcting the under eye. The product lasted flawlessly under my eyes on my most recent evening out for about 8 hours, pretty darn impressive. As with all highlighter pens I would not use this on my spots. This is a product I am really looking forward to continuing to play with!

The Lumi Magique Base gives such good glow *inserts picture here of my glowing like an angel has embraced me*
Having had oily skin all my life I have always steered away from products that give off a glow, but this one is lovely. The product is thin, doesn't give any colour and imparts such a beautiful almost pearly sheen underneath your foundation. The product also made my foundation sit beautifully on my face and helped prolong it's longevity, a complete win in my books!

Having saved the worst until last I will now talk about the fixing spray. I bought this because my Urban Decay Setting Spray ran out on me and I wanted to try this to see how it compared. So I bought it, set the above make up with it, following all instructions and I was left with lots and lots of tiny white powdery blobs all over my face; blobs that i had to dig my nails into to get them off. Safe to say I was not impressed. Since then I have found many other people with this problem, so L'Oreal really need to get to the bottom of this. I've even emailed them about this as I am so disappointed. I love the brand and this has put a serious dampener on them for me.

If you try any of the products please let me know how you get on with them!

Lots of Love,

Hev

xoxox