SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 14 June 2015

Make up Prep Saviours

So I am currently sat on the train on my way to Brighton for Wildlife festival and I could not be more excited, I'm going for the Sunday with my bezza so what a perfect time to blog about make up bases. I need my makeup to pretty much stick like superglue today and tomorrow! Today is a train and explore Brighton day, so I need tube proof sweat proof makeup protection and tomorrow I need slight alcoholic tendencies dancing until silly o'clock make up sticking power! Here is a run down of my current bees knees...


Skin bases:

Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser 
This smells like summer as it dun half smell like sun cream! I use this when I need a lighter moisturiser base and my skin is feeling a little less Sahara desert.

Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream
Inspired by the glorious Nic off Pixiwoo, I went ahead and bought this moisturiser. It is a great base for a more liquid or sheer base, such as my Bobbi Brown BB Cream and impacts a nice layer of moisture into my skin and absorbs almost instantly. I normally wear this one before big nights out.

Nuxe Lip Balm
So as I am on the train I can't remember the entire name of this lip balm but wowzas it is impressive. 2 applications a day (morning and night) seem to be all I need to have brilliant soft lips all day. Perfect for super dry lips but for a lip balm has quite a bloody high price tag (I'm thinking £9?) I buy mine from m&s and try and strike whilst I have a discount code or there is a sale on. I have already bought my back up and am planning on giving my momma one too!

Makeup bases:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Holy cow, this eye primer is the bees knees, when little old 17 year old me discovered this I had no idea the impact it would have on my makeup game. No more slide off after 5 minutes eyeshadow for me. Easy to blend (all types) and easy to apply shadow over, this stuff will never leave me again. I have even been known to roll into work excrusiatingly hungover with perfect last nights eye makeup because of this but that's a different story...

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer
I've had this primer for a literal probably well past its use by date age but it still works perfectly. Mattifies the skin and let's all foundations adhere to it beautifully, and works well with the 2 moisturisers mentioned already. Now my skin is less of an oily battlefield I may indulge in the illuminating option when this runs out.

And of course as I am off to a festival lots of suncream as my skin likes to take pale and interesting to whole other levels!

So there is a run down of my make up prep saviours and items that will never be allowed to leave my life again!

Lots of love,

Hev

xoxox