SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 28 June 2015

Hospital part deux- Excision of Pilonidal Sinus Surgery



It's currently Sunday and I am sat on my sisters sofa in the weirdest position possible as anything else sends pain right up my arsehole. Yep, this is my hospital update from my last ever so slightly drugged out of my eyeballs and moody blog post. Sorry about that. Sorry if you read that on Saturday morning and I put a right Debbie downer on your day, my apologies! 

So here's the craic. I was finally discharged yesterday morning after having my wound packed. This surprisingly for me with the pain tolerance of an injured pea wasn't painful but just pure ticklish. I have a ticklish arse which diffused the situation with the nurse I thought I hated but actually was lovely as long as she wasn't waking me up...

Went home with what I can only describe as a drug dealers crack den of drugs hello codeine my new friend which I have been taking all of yesterday. Paracetamol, ibruprofen, codeine and anti motion sickness as codeine can make me sick and I'm not having a repeat of Saturday again. I am also having to take lactulose which is a lovely 'stool softener' as codeine gives you constipation and I'm not allowed to strain to shit as I might split my stiches big whoop. Good job I'm not lactose intolerant and only dairy! It is like drinking sweeter than sugar sweetness. 

I am definitely not over my anaesthetic yet as I am on a permanent let me sleep pls mental state, but again that could be the codeine. My mood has vastly improved and I'm not biting everyone's head off every two seconds, I feel pretty spaced out and living in my world of pain. I have also packed all my flat up, which was fun half an hour after coming out of hospital. 

I have until Wednesday off work and I'm hoping I'll at least be able to sit properly for a little bit of time and I won't have to be packed out again past Monday (which is my hopes and dreams as I really want to go home to Birmingham and sleep in my own bed and watch Jezza and have my mom bring me tea and toast at regular intervals the dream). 

So there's an update, clearly doesn't make sense as I am still wacked out but I am fining it soothing to talk about my pain in my arse. Normal less moody blog posts will resume soon I promise.

Thanks for putting up with me moans,

Love,

Hev

xoxox