SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 22 July 2015

My Makeup Desk

I have been trying my damnedest to get my desk to be where I want it for ages, I've never been happy with the storage or layout or decorations for years now, but I think I have finally found my stride. I only finished the desk 10 minutes ago but I am now completely bleeding besotted.


I have way too much stuff to store now that I am back from uni, and when Momma bear suggested popping to IKEA I was obviously going to pop along with her.

Most of the desk is from IKEA (99% of it) so I thought I would do a little picture run down. When I finally find my ideal camera to record things on I plan to resurge the short lived YouTube career of 17 year old me (if you want a laugh I suggest you click here: https://www.youtube.com/user/heveewoohoo )  and I will endeavour to mash up some form of poorly edited make up collection video!

So the desk is a very old IKEA one and I guesstimate that it is a Malm, there are so many desk options there so there will be a desk to suit everyone! The desk topper I got yesterday from IKEA, it's called the Alex and was £35, and I put it up all by myself! 


The radio is from Argos years ago and is currently playing me all the best of Heart FM, the flowers and pot IKEA, lamp IKEA, the jar I keep my cotton pads in I think was 80p from IKEA which is a massive bargain and the 21 cup was for my 21st burrrrfday from my friends mommy.


The middle section has candles from IKEA (do I have the earnings or the botherance for anything more fancy? No I do not.) The mirror you can get from any decent cheapo shop, the other plant pot is from IKEA holding my brushes, and underneath I have anything from eyelashes to sun cream.


The end section: the tea light holder was £2 from IKEA and the red candle also IKEA. The little shelf was £2 from IKEA, I also put that together myself and is great for adding more space into your desk. The lipstick holder was from Amazon and I found it by searching lipstick holders and it was one of the first options. I would look at other sellers of the same model to see if they provide free p&p!


Mind the vodka but in these drawers I keep my make up which will turn up in the aforementioned make up video soon! The black drawers basically hold electronic chargers and the St Moritz self tan I am far too scared to use!


My final section of my desk has my shelves. Again these were from IKEA. The lights were £3 and the frames were again from IKEA. Also up there are my perfumes, cute picture of little old tiny me and my coke bottle with Heather on it! The Adidas box holds my photos to put on my wall at uni.

Inside the two tiny drawers are boring things like medicine and prescription sunglasses ;)

I hope this has given some ideas to anyone completely stuck in a desk rut!

Hope to catch you again soon,

Love,

Hev

xoxox